Apostolate of personal & community conversion, consecration, and prayer
Living the Fatima Message was formed in the Summer of 2016, in preparation for the centennial of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima and of her message of peace for the world. The purpose of the apostolate is to spread awareness of Our Lady’s message and requests, and to encourage and assist the faithful to respond to this urgent appeal from Heaven, personally and in community. In the hundred years since Fatima, attacks on religious freedom, on the sanctity and dignity of the human person, and on the family have grown more frequent and aggressive. LFM aims to help orient and mobilize the faithful to enact the spiritual solution offered by Our Lady of Fatima.
Who we are
We are a volunteer, grass-roots core group of clergy, religious, and lay people of the Fall River Diocese, consecrated to the Mother of God individually and collectively.
The name, Living the Fatima Message, expresses the essential objective of the apostolate, which we seek to enact personally and promote to the entire ecclesial community.[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]”In the hundred years since Fatima, attacks on religious freedom, on the sanctity and dignity of the human person, and on the family have grown more frequent and aggressive.”[/perfectpullquote]
In communion with the Church and in concert with the “new evangelization,” we aim to draw attention to the particular relevance of Our Lady of Fatima’s message in the present crisis of faith. We are confident that a generous response to her requests will result in the spiritual renewal of the diocese, as part of the promised triumph of the Immaculate Heart.
Primary aims of the LFM apostolate
- Respond effectively, personally, and communally to the requests of Our Lady of Fatima, in anticipation of the centennial anniversary of the Fatima event, and to combat the constant attacks against Christian society in the 21st century. (See the last two panels of this brochure.)
- (Re-)Introduce Marian prayer and devotion into the life of every practicing Catholic, through greater awareness of Our Lady’s central role in the life of the soul and of the Church, and concretely, through integration of the Rosary in the common life of the diocese.
- Contribute to the New Evangelization, by inviting Our Blessed Lady to prepare and inspire the faithful of the diocese to become committed disciples of Christ, and to go out into their own communities and bring others to Jesus through Mary.
We need your help to promote the Message of Fatima
- No need to duplicate efforts – if there is a group already established in your parish that prays the Rosary, join them and ask if they would incorporate the Message of Fatima into what they are doing.
- Support what is already being done to honor Our Lady in your parish and in other parishes.
- Help spread the word. Draw as many people into Living the Fatima Message. We need collaborators — “Marian Ambassadors” — to help in the apostolate.
- Invite all to pray the Holy Rosary and to live the Fatima message in unity: Eucharistic adorers, parish prayer groups, promoters of the Holy Rosary, families, youth ministers, CCD directors, teachers and aids, clergy and Catholic institutions.
- Unite the faithful by bringing the Message to the marginalized, the homebound, those in assisted living, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. y, too, have something precious to contribute: offering their pains and suffering while praying the Rosary for the intentions of the Holy Father, for poor souls in purgatory, the conversion of sinners, and peace at home and abroad.
- Offer spiritual bouquets for all clergy and religious, especially for those in the Fall River Diocese, and encourage others to do the same.
- Collaborate. In the case that no prayer group were established in a parish, we would seek to collaborate with existing apostolates and prayer groups in the diocese (i.e.,rd Order groups, Legion of Mary, Men of the Sacred Heart, Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix, Knights of Columbus, etc.). to provide assistance, wherever there is a need for prayer services.
Living the Fatima Message consists in fulfilling Our Lady’s request
Stop offending Jesus (conversion of life, personal sanctification)
“Do not offend the Lord our God any more, because He is already so much offended. People must amend their lives and ask forgiveness for their sins.” — October 13, 1917
Pray the Rosary daily“
Pray the Rosary every day with meditations on the mysteries in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war.” — July 13, 1917
Offer sacrifices and sufferings for the conversion of sinners
“Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say many times, especially whenever you make some sactifice: O Jesus, it is for your love, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.” — July 13, 1917
Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
“You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace.” — July 13, 1917
Make the First Saturdays Communion of Reparation“
“Look at my Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and announce that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on First Saturday of five consecutive months, shall go to confession, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary, and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.” — December 10, 1925
Be consecrated to Our Lady and wear the Brown Scapular
“In October Our Lord will come, as well as… Our Lady of Mount Carmel.” — September 13, 1917